Getting the sottana to fit nicely on my adjustable dress form for photo's was a bit of a challenge.
She extends at the waist and this does not make it easy to tie a skirt firmly to her waist. She doesn't squish either so that makes the whole flat fronted 16th C silhouette it's own challenge.
I've made a suitable 16th C dress form for smaller sizes but it's too small for this gown. I padded her up and added some support to the waist and ended up with a reasonable approximation of the correct body shape to display the gown on.
The next challenge was to take photo's, the trained skirt is so full and long it didn't really fit in my makeshift photography studio, which is just our dining area with some back drops.
Well, she's all finished.
I had to really resist the urge to top stitch everything whilst making this gown, it would have given a nice crisp (and modern) finish to the heavy damask. There is no visible machine stitching on the outside other then the eyelets. Now I've just got to give her a wash and press.