Yeah, well that was the kind of project I was looking for. I've been entrenched in Renaissance stuff for a while now and I knew it was time to mix things up a bit because every time I considered a Renaissance project a part of me would twitch and groan. There's still lots I want to make from the Renaissance period but I need a bit of a break from it so it becomes fun and interesting again. Budget limitations mean I have to work completely from my fabric stash which limits what I can make, especially since much of the fabric stash is already pegged for another project, or there's a reason it hasn't already been used (like it's horrible synthetic). Finding new inspiration that worked within the limitations of the fabric stash wasn't helping with getting over that slump hump.
But I found it! I found my inspiration garment and it's perfect for dubious stash fabric. Well at least if it works out and the fabric is hideous no-one will know! (well accept for you and me of course)
|1880 Bustle - Met Museum Accession Number: C.I.38.23.282|