Purfylle: Caul v.2.2 Progress Update

Recent Posts

Saturday, 4 October 2014

Caul v.2.2 Progress Update

I don't usually post on Saturday's because that's when I focus on my life instead of my blog.

But I couldn't stand the idea of yesterday's post being the one that was at the top for the whole weekend.

So today I'm giving you progress shots of caul v.2.2 (v.2.1 only got as far as the pricking)

Click here for all caul posts.

bobbin lace caul in wool

This caul is progressing far more quickly then version 1 because of the pattern changes and the lack of beads. Seriously, adding beads slows things down to the point where you could make 2 or 3 cauls in the same amount of time.


bobbin lace caul wool brass pins
It is also far easier to photograph because a) there are no shiny pearlescent beads and b) the fibre is wool rather then shiny pearl crochet yarn.

The thread is much thinner this time and that makes the whole plaiting squares to the right size much easier and gives a beautiful fineness to the project, however it is far too thin to match the Eleanora cauls the way I see them.

I'm not sure it's going to actually work as a nice caul when I'm finished because this is the same yarn I used for the Le Pompe braid and it curled abominably. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work. I'm testing the pattern, using what yarn I happen to have on hand and I will use the nice stuff when I've got it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment