Ideally I would at least have the following ready to wear:
- Underskirt or two
- Hair pieces
I'm sure I've forgotten one or two things. Today here is what I have complete and ready to go:
- Shoes - modern but passable
- Small Bustle
- A corded farthingale that will hopefully work successfully as a corded underskirt.
- Skirt - hemmed and decorated but needs the opening and waistband to be finished.
- Corset - not yet completed
- Fan - modern, I have a period fan but it is in poor shape
- Parasol - modern because I won't take my extant parasols.
- Jewellery - I have no idea
- Gloves - maybe, somewhere, modern things I bought a very long time ago from Sovereignhill
I don't have a bodice pattern drafted up yet, so at this stage it is looking very doubtful that I will have an outfit and if I do it will look very costumey.
The question then will be if I even want to wear it.
My apologies for the photos of the skirts just being piles on the cutting table but I can't take the time to set up my dress stand and arrange it with skirts in an area where there is enough room to take photos (which would mean moving furniture) if I am to actually have a chance of stitching everything.
While I ponder my options I'm going to keep sewing because if I don't at the very least get the skirt, corset and bodice done I won't even have to make a decision.