I remember writing about weeding last year and that I had planned to start working on regular maintenance tasks that are done monthly or annually and adding them into my schedule.
Looking back I can see that I really need to keep my August schedule flexible each year around the rain and weeding and to remember to trim the bamboo again. Weeding is sooo much easier if it the ground is soft from the rain but it's no fun if it's raining.
It's also hard rubbish collection again.
I love hard rubbish collection. I get to put out all sorts of stuff that normally is rather hard to get rid of. I don't think that's why they call it hard rubbish though.
In the last three days I've put out:
- 2 old wobbly shelving units that have been gathering dust and cobwebs
- an old oil heater that we don't feel is safe to use
- a huge old wicker basket
- an old hills hoist clothes line (Freki dug it up when we first moved in and is the main reason why I now use a clothes drier instead of air drying)
- another clothing rack (I'm sure I put one out last year, I'm ever so proud of myself for saying goodbye to this one too)
- wire mesh and other items hubby said I could put out (he's finally getting the decluttering bug! It's catching you know)
- lots of other stuff we'll never miss
The awesome thing is that a lot of it has already been taken to be re-purposed which gives me room to put even more out. None of it was good enough for donating, but the real winner is I didn't have to clean any of it!