Purfylle: Fungi

Recent Posts

Sunday, 8 May 2016

Fungi

Don't eat these mushrooms, they're very poisonous despite looking like some you can find at the grocery store.

We've had some really steady rainfall over the last couple of weeks which we desperately needed. One of the best things about the rain is the little surprise fairy homes that pop-up everywhere. More commonly known as mushrooms.

Do fairy's live here?

Fungi

14 comments:

  1. What cute fairy homes! They look amazing! Love the detail on them #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come and go as fast the fairies too.

      Delete
  2. We had a great time walking around the forest in the autumn spotting all the different types of funghi. M would run around spotting them and shout out "mushroom" at the top of her voice.
    I didn't take out my macro lens though and I kicked myself for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always kick myself when I don't take the camera.

      Delete
  3. I find them so interesting, I love the tones and patterns

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find fungi pretty fascinating, but for some reason I hardly ever have my camera!

      Delete
  4. I think fairy's definitely live there! They are all so unique! Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if different mushrooms have different fairy races?

      Delete
  5. They look so pretty and yes fairy tale like. Are they the edible kind? #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These mushrooms will definitely send you to the intensive care unit! We have a book on mushrooms and apparently there are about 4 edible types in all the hundreds that grow around here. And they are really hard to tell apart.

      Delete
  6. I love the textured look of mushrooms. So earthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're like snowflakes - every one is unique.

      Delete
  7. we saw some beautiful golden mushrooms recently. they were almost shiny and probably deadly:) love your shots here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chances are they would at the very least make you sick. How hungry must we have been to figure out which mushrooms are edible?

      Delete