Ruffler Foot Made Sew Easy It's Hands Free!

If you've ever used a ruffler foot you will know you need to guide your fabric carefully.

I've been making a Victorian Gown. That means lots of ruffley goodness. I have about 150 meters of ribbon I'm using on this project most of which I've been pleating using my sewing machines ruffler foot. 
Carefully guiding that much yardage through would drive me insane!

I needed a way to make it easy and fast without needing a lot of concentration.

I needed to automate guiding that ribbon through.

It's so easy and simple and effective I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

Getting Stuff Done

I woke up feeling really motivated this morning. When I feel motivated I get loads of stuff done.

By midday I had:


Removed the Margurite lace from my bolster cushion. It's looking fantastic too if I do say so myself. If you've ever removed a zillion and one pins from something you get the idea. (I think I'll offer this piece for sale so if you're interested you can contact me - just click on the envelope in the top right side bar there - and I'll give you first dibs and an extra generous discount.) 

I made good progress on my current lace project, which I was hoping to spend far more time on over the weekend then I actually got around to, so now I feel better about having caught up.

I met my educational goal for the week - I try to learn new stuff every week about how to improve my blogging, history, sewing, etc.

I checked my email and social media channels;
Which means you can find Purfylle wherever you hang out. It would make my day if you dropped by to say hi.

I had the third load of laundry in the washing machine; the second in the drier and the first load folded. Today is laundry day after all.

Aannnd I got my pattern making table cleaned off the rest of the way!

There were over 20 patterns and pattern drafts on there. I really need to get them more organised so I can keep track of them all, but put away is a good start.

Now my table looks like this.

cutting table with a bolt of fabric on it

If you missed how it looked before you can see the complete shamefull mess here. (..tomorrow, a week later, whatever.) The important thing is that I can get sewing! (Dare I say...tomorrow?) That stuff on the table is actually a bolt of fabric with some dust covers on it. I'll probably be pre-washing the fabric in the next few days.

The reason I was able to get all of that stuff done is I have a cleaning schedule, without which I would probably have felt unfocussed and overwhelmed and my time this morning would not have been spent in such a purposeful manner.

Also, I know I'll get the dishes done this afternoon as part of my usual daily tasks routine, which means there isn't a part of my brain thinking that maybe I should be doing the dishes instead of this other stuff.

The cleaning schedule also means that because I got so much done before midday I will feel like I can allocate the time out of my day to do exercises which I have been a bit slack on lately. I'm aiming to do them everyday but sometimes I only do them a couple of days a week and whenever I feel like there's too much to do I will let them slide even though I know I shouldn't. Umm, in fact I better go and do that now or I'm going to run out of day - again.

It still amazes me how this cleaning schedule thing works.






Comments